Finding the ideal journal to publish a paper – any paper – is challenging enough let alone such a specific kind like medical research: its specialized nature may not make the choice of an ideal journal for your paper very easy. Nowadays, just in the medical and health care field, there are hundreds of journals available for publishing, but because this study field is so segregated in specialization topics, research methodologies, and even audience groups, the search range narrows itself almost instantly. Having this in mind, it is of extreme importance that you keep focused on your own personal goals and make a strategic choice in terms of combining where your paper fits the best but also what do you want to achieve in terms of visibility and impact – maybe you prefer a more generalized journal to get to more people or a more specific one, impacting a smaller – but more desirable – niche of an audience.
Medical Editing Services
In Elsevier, we know how important it is to get your medical paper published in the journal of your choice. Therefore, we offer medical editing services to ensure your manuscript fits the targeted journal, not only in terms of grammar but also in responding to its specific guidelines. Our team of proficient medical writers can help you tailor your text according to your highest standards and expectations in terms of text quality.
We are also aware that for practicing physicians it is quite challenging to find time to write and prepare an acceptable manuscript for the high demands of peer review, and it is precisely these professionals on the active that often deliver the most original and exciting research. Therefore, for those who don’t believe that time should be a constraint for publishing great research, Elsevier offers a wide range of medical text editing options: it can go from just minor amendments in order to fit a scientific journal’s guidelines or a more profound review, including reformatting or rewriting as you find suitable.
Medical Paper Editing
Medical text editing comprises a number of highly specialized tasks that may or may not intersect other fields of knowledge. Also, the audience matters hugely: it is different to formulate a paper targeting researchers that do not act directly in the topic field than for experts. Note, for example, these three following examples:
- Education Medical Writing – For the general public or other researchers that are indirectly involved in the topic (for example, an article about gastrointestinal complications aiming psychology experts in autistic children and patients with obsessive-compulsive disorders); medical terms need to be adapted to simpler and more explicative expressions;
- Regulatory Medical Writing – For experts in medicine and/or in a field of medicine; high-level specialized writing;
- Medico-marketing – A combination of medical writing and advertising and/or marketing writing.
In Elsevier, thanks to a multidisciplinary team, we guarantee ready-to-publish medical manuscripts, fulfilling the expectations of the targeted audience or topic, as heterogenic as it might be. Also, if you have already a written document about your research but you are unsure about the right formatting for publication, we will be glad to help reviewing according to your objectives.
Publishing your Medical Research Paper
Publishing is a necessary step for every researcher. It brings visibility, a sense of recognition and appreciation for one’s work and, in a more realistic and practical point of view, also funding and financial support for the future. The higher a journal is ranked, and the bigger impact it has among the scientific community, better are your chances of being highly looked upon. Therefore, a flawless text and submission are the key to a successful publishing process. In Elsevier, you can find the right partner to increase your medical research’s visibility, leaving you time for the bigger decisions such as… let’s say… finding the right journal:
- Take into consideration the global characteristics of the article you want to publish (full length, letter, review and research output):
- References in your article might give a clue of journals of interest;
- Check the journal’s aim and scope (for Elsevier’s journals you can find them on our homepage Elsevier.com);
- Check the journal’s Guide for Authors;
- Find out if your targeted journal is invitation only. Some journals only accept articles after inviting the author to submit;
- Remember to consult the journal’s performance for review and publication timelines;
- In case you would like to publish Open Access, know that most Elsevier journals explain their open access options and policy on their homepage;
- Submit your work only to one journal at a time.
Even if the choice of the perfect medical journal runs smoothly for you, or is it not the first time you are submitting to a journal, remember to give – or maintain – a professional image by delivering a high-quality manuscript for peer review. Elsevier ensures maximum dedication to your project with guarantees a successful submission.
Language Editing Plus Service by Elsevier Author Services:
The most advanced language editing package available:
- Unlimited rounds of language review up to 1 year to support you at every stage of the submission process;
- Special focus on the logic and flow of the manuscript’s content;
- Manuscript formatting to meet the requirements of the journal of your choice;
- Reference check for consistency, completeness, and structure;
- Customized Cover Letter and an Assessment Report on your document;
Use our Language Editing simulator to learn about the final price and off you go!